Updates?

Tell us your opinions, suggestions, questions, etc...
stray_soul
regular face

Re: Updates?

Postby stray_soul » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:24 pm

some news, updates, something else?

luis
Developer

Postby luis » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:19 am

Yes. We are updating a lot of software including graphics and physics engine to port the game to android platform. And also simplifying the GUI. It will take a while but we are 3 people working so i hope to see results in a couple of months ;)

stray_soul
regular face

Postby stray_soul » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:49 am

some news, updates, is tw alive?

luis
Developer

Postby luis » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi !!! it's been soooo long since my last update!

We are still alive, more than ever.
During all this time, some team members left the project (the only 3D artist, and a coder) which is understandable since people's situation isn't the same during the years, you know... kids, family, etc. Fortunately the original core is still the same and working in the game: Churu, Luis (the one writing here).

In late 2014 I've been recruiting new collaborators and working at very slow pace programming since recruiting and understanding again my own code (I stoped coding in this project in 2008) took me a lot of my not-so-much spare time. But it worth the effort since now we have a 3D artist (Javi) that really understand the project and he is able to put that "ambiance" in the graphics and a new designer-tester-marketing-game-platforms-expert (Miguel).

During early 2016 we started doing basic things like upgrading the game to latest graphic engine (Ogre 1.9), re-designing GUI, re-writing the GBEditor, and re-working existing assets + changing graphic style from "real" to low-poly and 100% retro pixel look.

Now we're fine-tuning physics in cars and running our physics engine (and old Ageia PhysX version) at 120hz (previous versions were at 60hz) so everything is smooth and nice :)

Here is a screenshot showing the main-menu, all cars behind the GUI are moving:
tw-mainmenu.jpg

And this is a new track called Cabalango, there is water that you can edit in the GBEditor of course that water has "physics" very basic but it makes the cars run slower taking account on how much the chassis is bellow water level. Also there is a new texture loaded by track to control friction coefficients in order to have physics materials on terrain like: Asfalt, mud, oil, sand, etc.

tw-cabalango.jpg

We want to create the best top-down racing game ever.... I hope you like it :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Churu
Developer

Postby Churu » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:40 pm

And release time is very close I feel :)

luis
Developer

Postby luis » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:22 am

luis
Developer

Postby luis » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:39 am

Ok guys the game is available in Early Access :)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/296790/ThunderWheels/

It has a -10% discount, we are planning to add a lot of content in the next months/year. We're currently developing "challenges", polish "end season", adding more tracks/cars and of course online.
See you in the community hub, we're moving the forum support and comments to Steam forums. :D

Return to “General Discussion”